[mass noun] The formation of ideas or concepts.
- ‘Where analytical ideation stands apart is that the group is next led through a burrowing process where the ideas conceived are explored more deeply.’
- ‘Paranoid ideation and psychoticism were significantly correlated with low family competence for men but not for women.’
- ‘One of the most significant concerns presented by opponents is that suicide ideation is most likely a symptom of psychopathology.’
- ‘Suicidal ideation is related to psychosocial distress, drug involvement, family stress, and unmet school goals.’
- ‘The ideation was associated with some paranoid delusions about his boss, and he intended to kill his boss.’