Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Characterized by idealism; unrealistically aiming for perfection.‘idealistic young doctors who went to work for the rebels’
utopian, visionary, romantic, quixotic, dreamy, unrealistic, impractical, castle-buildingView synonyms
- ‘For everything else you might say about Sun, this is a noble idealistic and inspiring aspiration.’
- ‘Is it naively idealistic to imagine a British prime minister taking on such a Herculean burden?’
- ‘There are parallels with Preston Tucker, the idealistic American inventor.’
- ‘Is the whole idea that there possibly could be something more to it just some idealistic fairytale notion?’
- ‘It can, admittedly, be hard to distinguish between being idealistic and being unrealistic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.