One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by idealism; unrealistically aiming for perfection.‘idealistic young doctors who went to work for the rebels’
utopian, visionary, romantic, quixotic, dreamy, unrealistic, impractical, castle-buildingView synonyms
- ‘For everything else you might say about Sun, this is a noble idealistic and inspiring aspiration.’
- ‘There are parallels with Preston Tucker, the idealistic American inventor.’
- ‘Is the whole idea that there possibly could be something more to it just some idealistic fairytale notion?’
- ‘It can, admittedly, be hard to distinguish between being idealistic and being unrealistic.’
- ‘Is it naively idealistic to imagine a British prime minister taking on such a Herculean burden?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.