One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verbiconifying, iconified, iconifies[with object]Computing
Reduce (a window on a screen) to a small symbol or graphic representation of itself so as to make room on the screen for other windows.
- ‘When the smoothdock program is running, everything becomes iconified, except the pager for the virtual desktops, including running tasks.’
- ‘Moreover, Celtic Kings iconifies badly, which is annoying for me because I'm always trying to do something in the background.’
- ‘Windows belonging to the same Window groups can be iconified, killed, moved and shaded all at the same time.’
- ‘They provide the facility which allows you to move your windows around the screen, iconify and maximize them, and kill off those applications which just refuse to go away.’
- ‘This tool can be handy for long-running tasks; substitute the program name for the sleep command, and it will iconify the window, do the work and get back in your face when it's done.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.