One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Those subsequent photographs captured Jack looking at his wife with an expression that seemed to show a mixture of pain and anger and, it has to be said, gulping trepidation at the iciness with which Bridget was speaking.’
- ‘In contrast to the uncluttered iciness of many newer places, it is cosy, relaxing and, well, romantic, with oil lamps on each table.’
- ‘In contrast, Donat's more conventional theatricality does not convey enough of the terrible iciness of Hirst's egotism.’
- ‘At best, the show plays out like a character study of two opposing personalities, one of whom wears the iciness of an assassin on his sleeve, while the other is a loveable goof.’
- ‘But at the same time there was a noticeable iciness toward journalists and writers on the part of many of his friends and students, who began to resent the intrusion of fame into the equation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.