One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘You won a few seats in the European elections under a system of proportional representation,’ Mr Redwood replied icily.’
- ‘After we had changed over from the overheating bus, and settled into the new one, the passengers went back into that half dead icily detached gaze that they do.’
- ‘Yet in Europe, and in particular France, he continues to be seen as an icily cool champion, his real thoughts hidden behind an intimidating mask of arrogance.’
- ‘She's neither poised nor princessy, nor icily composed.’
- ‘‘If all people have to worry about is the way I look then their lives must be very fortunate,’ she once noted icily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.