One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A congenital skin condition which causes the epidermis to become dry and horny like fish scales.
- ‘The differential diagnosis includes venous stasis dermatitis, pretibial myxedema, filariasis, and ichthyosis.’
- ‘More serious dry skin conditions, such as the inherited group of disorders called ichthyosis, can sometimes be disfiguring and may cause psychological distress to people living with them.’
- ‘Severe dry skin is a feature of certain genetic diseases such as atopic dermatitis and ichthyosis (fish scale-like skin).’
- ‘Specific manifestations include papules, plaques, lupus pernio, scar sarcoidosis, and rare morphologies such as alopecia, ulcers, hypopigmented patches, and ichthyosis.’
- ‘Most healthcare professionals know about Arthritis Care and the Alzheimer's Disease Society, but do you know where to find support groups for people with Kawasaki disease, ichthyosis, or acne?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.