One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resembling a fish; fishlike.
- ‘Recovered ichthyoid remains include shark micro teeth and scales.’
- ‘The title, taken from St. Anthony's famous ichthyoid missionary work, is Sermon to the Fishes.’
Any fishlike vertebrate.
- ‘The move left many farmers devastated, some even bankrupt, and triggered intense anger over the government's decision to elevate the concerns of ichthyoids over those of human beings.’
- ‘None of you realise it yet, but this is an advance as big as the step the first ichthyoid took out of the protozoic sea 300 million years ago.’
- ‘Old Asian people bent over bins of live crab and scrutinized all the fish & ichthyoids held in tanks.’
- ‘No sign remained there of the ghostly ichthyoids that had emerged from the waves the night before.’
- ‘The poor ichthyoids are even discriminated against by many so-called vegetarians who deny fish their status as members of the animal kingdom since they're wet, smelly, and don't purr.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.