One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The aim of this study was to assess the absorption of ichthyic origin after oral administration to 20 healthy male volunteers.’
- ‘The ichthyic fauna of the Italian freshwaters is particularly rich in species, distributed throughout the territory in relation to their capacity of adaptation to diverse environmental conditions.’
- ‘Netdish has developed an innovative telematic system for data management and transmission between fishing vessels and ichthyic markets.’
- ‘High anthropogenic pressures on marine ecosystems have resulted in decreased amounts of commercial fish species and total ichthyic fauna.’
- ‘They already have no ichthyic fauna of their own, and they are relatively isolated, with no rivers to flow into or out of them, whence fish could escape.’
Mid 19th century: from Greek ikhthuïkos ‘fishy’, from ikhthus ‘fish’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.