One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall poppy which is widely cultivated for its colourful flowers and suitability for cutting, native to arctic and north temperate regions.
Papaver nudicaule, family Papaveraceae
- ‘Clarkias, Iceland poppies, pansies, and stock can't stand intense summer heat.’
- ‘From sixpacks, try calendula, Iceland poppies, pansies, primroses, snapdragons, stock, or violas.’
- ‘Interplant pink ranunculus with salmon Iceland poppy and red-purple pansies, and accent with a few yellow and pink English primroses.’
- ‘Buy young plants of calendula, Iceland poppy, pansy, primrose, snapdragon, stock, and viola.’
- ‘If you want to keep the pot center stage, remove the mum and replace it with a spring bloomer such as Iceland poppy or primrose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.