One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A layer of ice covering an extensive tract of land for a long period of time.
- ‘Several scientists have proposed that the southern part of the Greenland ice sheet disappeared during the period of maximum interglacial warmth.’
- ‘We consider climate and sea level as the two most likely mechanisms for early deglaciation of the British-Irish ice sheet.’
- ‘The results present estimates of the thermal, hydrological and mechanical effects of a regional ice sheet, determined from a simplified ice-sheet model.’
- ‘Younger cited evidence for extensive ground freezing in SE England during the Devensian, beyond the limit of the Devensian ice sheet.’
- ‘Later, as the permafrost melted and the ice sheet warmed as a result of climatic amelioration, the ice would have become wetbased.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.