One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
A frozen dessert similar to ice cream but containing less butterfat.‘bowls of ice milk’count noun ‘thirteen flavours of ice creams, ice milks, and ices’
- ‘When you want something cold and sweet, swap high-fat ice cream with frozen bananas, grapes and orange slices, or low-fat or nonfat frozen yogurt, ice milk or sherbet.’
- ‘I lived on a diet of popcorn, lemon-chiffon ice milk and Omega hamburgers.’
- ‘Opting for a cup of ice milk instead of a cup of ice cream will save you 165 calories, 18 grams of fat, 11.2 grams of saturated fat and 70 milligrams of cholesterol.’
- ‘Another Best of Edmonton dynasty, Baskin-Robbins continues to hold your allegiance as the finest dispenser of ice cream, ice milk and frozen dairy-related products.’
- ‘I plan on checking out other restaurants in the area that sell ice milk, hot dogs, hamburgers, French fries, onion rings, etc.’
- ‘Much of the commercial soft serve ice cream available is ice milk.’
- ‘Everyone wants that center vote so bad they come off about as interesting as unflavored, unsweetened ice milk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.