Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small block of ice made in a freezer, especially for adding to drinks.as modifier ‘an ice-cube tray’
- ‘Rub your face with an ice cube for an instant effect.’
- ‘At the end, it would be little more than a mangled ice cube.’
- ‘The goal is to be the first group to melt the ice cube.’
- ‘The ice cube from this spilt drink hasn't even had time to melt into the top of the card table.’
- ‘So I gave him an ice cube (a favorite treat), and some good ear scratching.’
- ‘I am building an iceman, ice cube by ice cube, in the unused freezer at work to replace Defrosty the Snowman.’
- ‘Pour the mixture into a ice cube tray and freeze it.’
- ‘Just pour good oil into a plastic ice-cube tray and freeze until solid.’
- ‘Just freeze it in an ice-cube tray and use the cubes as and when required.’
- ‘If you don't need it right away, you can freeze it in an ice cube tray for use later.’
- ‘I recommend chopping up the fresh herbs and putting them into an ice-cube tray.’
- ‘I was frozen like an ice cube; I was extremely tensed up.’
- ‘Afterwards, an ice cube wrapped in a towel will minimise swelling.’
- ‘Then a Cryo Beam came from the cloud and froze him into an ice cube.’
- ‘I can remember a little child offering me an ice cube.’
- ‘The story can be written at the back of an ice cube, because a few minutes into the movie, you can see it disappear.’
- ‘Or, boil the leftover wine until it becomes a syrupy concentrate, and freeze it in an ice-cube tray.’
- ‘Try freezing it in an ice cube tray for single serving portions.’
- ‘I start off like a shrunken ice cube and get going once I've had a thaw.’
- ‘I often freeze it in ice cube trays at this stage, then pop it out into bags or a box.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.