One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A commercial vehicle from which ice cream is sold, typically at the roadside.‘I could hear the music from the ice cream truck coming down our street’
- ‘Ice cream trucks are vital to anyone's childhood.’
- ‘Edworthy Park can get busy during the summer but you can't beat the river view or ice cream trucks that set up shop nearby.’
- ‘Ice cream trucks travel at very slow speeds and make frequent stops.’
- ‘I lived out in the country so there was nary an ice cream truck in sight.’
- ‘I heard an ice cream truck drive by the other day and of course, I had this instant impulse to run for my change purse.’
- ‘They heard the Mr. Softee ice cream truck a block away and Stephen realized he was late.’
- ‘Everyone smiles when he drives past, like children laughing when the ice cream truck comes down the street.’
- ‘One of the happiest sounds of my childhood summers was the jingling strain of the ice cream truck, faint and far off at first, then getting louder and nearer.’
- ‘The sun is shining, the air conditioner's blaring, the ice cream truck's making the rounds.’
- ‘We rarely stop the ice cream truck because we buy Good Humor assorted novelty ice cream in bulk at Costco.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.