One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of cake that contains or consists of a layer or layers of ice cream.‘my son wanted an ice cream cake for his 18th birthday’mass noun ‘a slice of ice cream cake’
- ‘And to cool off a crowd, we layer on the flavour with a salted caramel malted mocha ice cream cake.’
- ‘The company's CEO hopes to push take-away ice cream cakes, which are a popular kid's treat in the US.’
- ‘Overall, this vegan ice cream cake recipe makes it easy to celebrate life with each bite.’
- ‘Or course, there are bakery and pastry stalls and one selling fancy ice cream cakes.’
- ‘I cannot think of a situation where I'd prefer normal cake to ice cream cake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.