One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of climbing glaciers.
- ‘For more advanced mountaineers, there is the challenge of ice climbing.’
- ‘She will also try her hand at ice climbing, mountaineering and trekking.’
- ‘Michael, we know that in Europe ski mountaineering is considered as much a branch of mountaineering as say, ice climbing.’
- ‘Today, nine weeks later, is a big test: his first day of ice climbing.’
- ‘‘Murray inspired a lot of young people to take up ice climbing,’ Marshall tells us, his eyes gleaming.’
- ‘Gee, this ice climbing isn't as hard as they say!’
- ‘This involves climbing mixed faces of rock and ice requiring both excellent traditional rock climbing and technical ice climbing skills.’
- ‘What we don't have certification on, such as ice climbing, we are getting through the base Outdoor Adventure Program staff.’
- ‘Still, despite their age, they rocked that ice climbing challenge.’
- ‘The winter months were for ice climbing and tramping in the mountains.’
- ‘Don't try to figure out ice climbing on your own.’
- ‘These snowshoes are ideal for ice climbing approaches.’
- ‘We're also getting in some ice climbing practice as well as a few other new things.’
- ‘When I started ice climbing - climbing frozen waterfalls - a lot of people said I was crazy, that I'd kill myself.’
- ‘Unless you plan on climbing steep couloirs at over 40 degrees, or ice climbing, use one of the super-lightweight axes now available.’
- ‘Hinged crampons are used for mountaineering and snow climbing, not ice climbing.’
- ‘We did some ice climbing just to get a sense of what it's like.’
- ‘I'm out of shape and contemplating the purchase of some ice climbing gear at Ebay.’
- ‘He had started ice climbing a few months earlier, he explained, and now he was rock climbing, too.’
- ‘I love snow and ice climbing and I need to be able to get to the climbs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.