One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of climbing glaciers.
- ‘He had started ice climbing a few months earlier, he explained, and now he was rock climbing, too.’
- ‘I love snow and ice climbing and I need to be able to get to the climbs.’
- ‘When I started ice climbing - climbing frozen waterfalls - a lot of people said I was crazy, that I'd kill myself.’
- ‘We did some ice climbing just to get a sense of what it's like.’
- ‘These snowshoes are ideal for ice climbing approaches.’
- ‘I'm out of shape and contemplating the purchase of some ice climbing gear at Ebay.’
- ‘Hinged crampons are used for mountaineering and snow climbing, not ice climbing.’
- ‘Still, despite their age, they rocked that ice climbing challenge.’
- ‘The winter months were for ice climbing and tramping in the mountains.’
- ‘Gee, this ice climbing isn't as hard as they say!’
- ‘Unless you plan on climbing steep couloirs at over 40 degrees, or ice climbing, use one of the super-lightweight axes now available.’
- ‘Don't try to figure out ice climbing on your own.’
- ‘Today, nine weeks later, is a big test: his first day of ice climbing.’
- ‘This involves climbing mixed faces of rock and ice requiring both excellent traditional rock climbing and technical ice climbing skills.’
- ‘Michael, we know that in Europe ski mountaineering is considered as much a branch of mountaineering as say, ice climbing.’
- ‘‘Murray inspired a lot of young people to take up ice climbing,’ Marshall tells us, his eyes gleaming.’
- ‘We're also getting in some ice climbing practice as well as a few other new things.’
- ‘For more advanced mountaineers, there is the challenge of ice climbing.’
- ‘She will also try her hand at ice climbing, mountaineering and trekking.’
- ‘What we don't have certification on, such as ice climbing, we are getting through the base Outdoor Adventure Program staff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.