One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bag filled with ice and applied to the body to reduce swelling or lower temperature.
- ‘I grabbed a Tylenol and a bottle of water along with the towel and ice bag and walked back into the living room.’
- ‘‘Here,’ my mother appeared and handed him an ice bag.’
- ‘When he did, she left him the ice bag, and went to get some sleep.’
- ‘‘This is what I've always wanted,’ he says, strapping an ice bag onto each of his knees and sitting beside the court.’
- ‘He muttered beneath his breath, and then shifted his ice bag.’
- ‘If time allows, catching a short nap in a darkened, quiet room with an ice bag or cold compress on your forehead can work wonders.’
- ‘The only healing the Saints are doing this week is with ice bags on their groins, hamstrings, ankles, shoulders and egos.’
- ‘Andrew shrugged and then hid his face behind his ice bag again.’
- ‘I looked into his eyes as he combed the hair out of my face and held that ice bag up.’
- ‘I groan and slump against the pillows, holding the ice bag to my head.’
- ‘Ron asked again, catching the ice bag and catching it easily.’
- ‘He threw himself into the couch and pressed the ice bag against his face.’
- ‘Despite good intentions, they risk eventually getting up close and personal with an ice bag, an orthopedist or both.’
- ‘They all use Q-tips, gauze, ice bags and a flat rectangular tool called an enswell to reduce swelling.’
- ‘I crossed the room and flopped down on my bed, holding my ice bag to my eye.’
- ‘Mike strolls back with ice bags Saran-Wrapped around both knees.’
- ‘What he really wanted was an ice bag to soothe them, but he felt too impatient to fetch one.’
- ‘Then she handed the ice bag to Cordy and said, ‘I'm going to go back to your place and get some sleep.’’
- ‘She was holding an ice bag to her cheek in an effort to bring down the swelling because, in her words, she's ‘sick of telling people she tripped’.’
- ‘Ellen is sitting on the bench, holding an ice bag to her ankle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.