One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A member of an indigenous people of Kalimantan and Sarawak.Also called Sea Dayak
- ‘Some of the tribes that reside in Sarawak, Malaysia are the Iban, Orang Ulu, and Bidayuh.’
- ‘He's been to visit the Iban so many times that when he visits he is treated like an old friend.’
- ‘The Iban, a tribe of friendly headhunters, inhabits the area.’
2mass noun The Austronesian language of the Iban, spoken by around 380,000 people.
Relating to the Iban or their language.
- ‘Jenkin's film is a period piece, the story of an Iban servant girl who falls in love with a young Englishman in British-ruled Borneo.’
- ‘Bisaya, Iban, and Penan people also live in Sarawak, and Dusun and Murut people in both Sarawak and Sabah.’
- ‘It will also carry the information: ‘This is the translation of the Bible in the Iban language'.’
- ‘It's the natives of Borneo - in particular the former head hunting Iban tribe - that have captured Keith's heart.’
- ‘In the second case, a young woman preparing for her wedding accepted a cigarette from her visiting Iban sister-in-law.’
The name in Iban.
International Bank Account Number.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.