One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to illness caused by medical examination or treatment.‘drugs may cause side effects which can lead to iatrogenic disease’
- ‘By encouraging better adherence, our pharmacists may have precipitated iatrogenic illness that previously had been avoided.’
- ‘This condition is defined as an iatrogenic complication of ovarian stimulation.’
- ‘Blood tests can induce iatrogenic anaemia in patients, are time consuming for staff, and are costly.’
- ‘The authors attribute this incongruity to the higher rate of iatrogenic preterm deliveries in the untreated group.’
- ‘This means significant cost savings in medications and possible iatrogenic side effects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.