One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for iambus
- ‘Looking first for iambs seemed an excellent centring and calming technique.’
- ‘So I know if the language has iambs or trochees, right from the start.’
- ‘Jim found that he had a talent for thinking in iambs, for coming up with rhymes.’
- ‘Thus in the last stanza quoted, after the surge of anapaests in the first two lines, spondees, dactyls, and iambs begin to appear.’
- ‘What good do you do anyone by writing verses, getting cash for silly slanders, peddling iambs as a huckster peddles trash?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.