Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small electronic device for playing and storing digital audio and video files.
- ‘Elvis nearly blew the audition by neglecting to plug in his iPod.’
- ‘Few other gadgets in the last decade have inspired as much adulation as the iPod.’
- ‘Publicity photos show an iPod connected to a terminal.’
- ‘The man works in an airport and was carrying the iPod in his pocket when it exploded.’
- ‘After the first couple of days of usage I was concerned that I'd actually been shipped one of the older iPods with the short battery life.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.