Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
I am.‘I'm a busy woman’
- ‘To be honest, I'm not the type of person who would stew on that for several months.’
- ‘If I've had a stressful day, when I go out for a run I'm able to mull it over in my mind.’
- ‘It's because the imprint of his mind was so profound that I'm used to his mind being there.’
- ‘I realise that what I'm saying is incendiary, but that is no reason to hide the truth.’
- ‘Does it then follow that if I play my cassette recorder out in the garden I'm a musician?’
- ‘Call me perverse if you like but I'm fed up with the good guys always being the main characters.’
- ‘It's on days like this that I'm glad we chose a boiler with more than adequate heat output.’
- ‘So if you think I'm not determined to change our country for the better, think again.’
- ‘He is a great striker of the ball and I'm always telling him to get himself into those positions.’
- ‘Safety should always come before cost and I'm glad the police are doing these checks.’
- ‘We don't know how much this flood cost us but I'm sure it was a substantial amount.’
- ‘I've still got pain in my neck all the time, and I'm managing to walk a little with a stick.’
- ‘This event is for a very worthy cause and I'm sure it will turn out to be a very big success.’
- ‘This is the result of the hard work of a lot of people and I'm glad to see it being rewarded and appreciated.’
- ‘We thought we had a chance because I'm decent in the air and Mark is really quick.’
- ‘The crowd are going to be hostile towards me, and that's going to let me know that I'm there to do a job.’
- ‘We have showed we have the quality in the past and I'm sure we will get it right.’
- ‘The hard thing, as I'm finding out, is getting the people in there in the first place.’
- ‘I guess I'm lucky they came at all, as it was the second time we'd attempted to watch it.’
- ‘They are definitely more than a joke band and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.