One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Uttered to express one's agreement with or approval of a statement.
- ‘When I get back to civilisation, I'll drink to that.’
- ‘He lifts his glass, which has been untouched the entire evening, and mutters, ‘I'll drink to that.’’
- ‘To them there has not been anything easy about it and if the next game is won by ten points, well I'll drink to that and look forward to the next’
- ‘‘I'll drink to that,’ Jamie announced, raising her glass of punch before taking a sip.’
- ‘In regard to your proposal of stopping by for a refreshment and leaving a big tip… well, I'll drink to that!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.