One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Uttered to express one's agreement with or approval of a statement.
- ‘‘I'll drink to that,’ Jamie announced, raising her glass of punch before taking a sip.’
- ‘In regard to your proposal of stopping by for a refreshment and leaving a big tip… well, I'll drink to that!’
- ‘He lifts his glass, which has been untouched the entire evening, and mutters, ‘I'll drink to that.’’
- ‘When I get back to civilisation, I'll drink to that.’
- ‘To them there has not been anything easy about it and if the next game is won by ten points, well I'll drink to that and look forward to the next’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.