Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of geography concerned with the determination and mapping of the relative elevation of areas of land.
- ‘The hypsography layer contains ground surface elevation information in the form of contour lines.’
- ‘The DCW supplemental point hypsography layer represents locations and values of collapsed contours.’
- ‘All input hypsography and hydrography data were appended and trimmed to cover the areas for each processing block.’
- ‘The hypsography polygons are coded to form elevation zones, as indicated in the classification scheme below.’
- ‘Notice that the hypsography data also include valuable information in the Elevation field.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.