One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound which is an intermediate in the metabolism of purines in animals and occurs in plant tissues.
- ‘Nitrosative deamination of cytosine and adenine results in uracil and hypoxanthine, respectively.’
- ‘The deamination product of adenine is hypoxanthine, and hypoxanthine base pairs with cytosine rather than thymine.’
- ‘Adenine is converted to hypoxanthine at 2-3% of the rate of cytosine deamination.’
- ‘Synchronised cultures were exposed to superoxide anion generating system hypoxanthine and xanthine oxidase.’
- ‘Like arginine, hypoxanthine is a limiting N source.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.