Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Breathing at an abnormally slow rate, resulting in an increased amount of carbon dioxide in the blood.
- ‘Adverse outcomes during sedation usually have hypoxemia as a common pathway after hypoventilation or apnea leading to brain injury or death.’
- ‘Transient apnea and hypoventilation occurred with all drugs, suggesting the need for available ventilatory support.’
- ‘The airway is reduced and the person will experience hypoventilation (inadequate breathing).’
- ‘The most serious complication is respiratory failure from airway obstruction or hypoventilation.’
- ‘Hypotension or hypoventilation that would have precluded transfer was no more common in older patients than in younger patients.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.