One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Breathing at an abnormally slow rate, resulting in an increased amount of carbon dioxide in the blood.
- ‘The airway is reduced and the person will experience hypoventilation (inadequate breathing).’
- ‘Adverse outcomes during sedation usually have hypoxemia as a common pathway after hypoventilation or apnea leading to brain injury or death.’
- ‘The most serious complication is respiratory failure from airway obstruction or hypoventilation.’
- ‘Hypotension or hypoventilation that would have precluded transfer was no more common in older patients than in younger patients.’
- ‘Transient apnea and hypoventilation occurred with all drugs, suggesting the need for available ventilatory support.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.