One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development in children and adults.
- ‘Rule out other causes such as claudication, disk disease, hypothyroidism, and myositis.’
- ‘Mental retardation may result if hypothyroidism goes untreated in the first few years of life.’
- ‘The commonest cause of hypothyroidism is an autoimmune inflammation of the thyroid gland (thyroiditis).’
- ‘Congenital hypothyroidism is a thyroid hormone deficiency that retards growth and brain development.’
- ‘She had a history of hypothyroidism and asthma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.