One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Lowering the blood pressure.‘hypotensive drugs’
- ‘He was treated with hypotensive drugs and anticoagulants and had no neurological sequelae.’
- ‘These inhibitors can potentiate the hypotensive effects of nitrates and alpha blockers.’
- ‘The main secondary outcomes were recorded treatment with hypotensive agents, lipid lowering drugs, and antiplatelet drugs.’
- ‘Intravascular volume depletion can also potentiate the hypotensive effect of beta blockade.’
- ‘The hypotensive effects of garlic appear to be marginal.’
- 1.1 Relating to or suffering from abnormally low blood pressure.‘one of these animals was hypotensive’
- ‘Despite administration of multiple boluses of fluid, he remained hypotensive and anuric.’
- ‘Within 12 hours he was hypotensive, oliguric, tachypnoeic, increasingly drowsy, and confused.’
- ‘For a brief period she became hypotensive but fever resolved, her dermatitis improved and she made a good recovery.’
- ‘Forty hypotensive subjects and 40 normotensive controls participated in this study.’
- ‘The patient's final admission occurred 2 months later, when she became hypotensive during hemodialysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.