Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Abnormally low blood pressure.
- ‘Another condition seen in pregnant women is hypotension or abnormally low blood pressure.’
- ‘Toxic shock syndrome can present with hypotension, erythema, fever and multisystem dysfunction.’
- ‘The physical examination demonstrated pallor, hypotension and tachycardia.’
- ‘Adverse events include a risk of respiratory arrest, hypotension, and impaired consciousness.’
- ‘More severe episodes may progress to respiratory difficulties, hypotension, or cardiac dysrhythmias.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.