One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature ageing in adults.
- ‘Cushing recognized the states of hypopituitarism and hyperpituitarism, and he had a keen interest in acromegaly and dwarfism.’
- ‘If the patient has hypopituitarism, the level of TSH is not increased.’
- ‘He was generally well, although he was small and taking growth hormone for hypopituitarism.’
- ‘Endocrinological consultation found longstanding symptoms which indicated hypopituitarism, and blood testing confirmed this.’
- ‘Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.