One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature ageing in adults.
- ‘Endocrinological consultation found longstanding symptoms which indicated hypopituitarism, and blood testing confirmed this.’
- ‘Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.’
- ‘He was generally well, although he was small and taking growth hormone for hypopituitarism.’
- ‘If the patient has hypopituitarism, the level of TSH is not increased.’
- ‘Cushing recognized the states of hypopituitarism and hyperpituitarism, and he had a keen interest in acromegaly and dwarfism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.