Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland, causing dwarfism in children and premature ageing in adults.
- ‘Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.’
- ‘If the patient has hypopituitarism, the level of TSH is not increased.’
- ‘Endocrinological consultation found longstanding symptoms which indicated hypopituitarism, and blood testing confirmed this.’
- ‘He was generally well, although he was small and taking growth hormone for hypopituitarism.’
- ‘Cushing recognized the states of hypopituitarism and hyperpituitarism, and he had a keen interest in acromegaly and dwarfism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.