Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inadequate pigmentation of the skin.
- ‘Other disadvantages include possible hypopigmentation, discomfort during the freezing process, and delayed healing.’
- ‘Once the lesions have resolved, there may be transient hyper- or hypopigmentation.’
- ‘Side effects are few, but may include tendon rupture, infection, steroid flare, hypopigmentation, and soft tissue atrophy.’
- ‘He said that it was the worst hypopigmentation that he had ever seen.’
- ‘The other major side effect of cryosurgery for this lesion is hypopigmentation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.