Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inadequate pigmentation of the skin.
- ‘Other disadvantages include possible hypopigmentation, discomfort during the freezing process, and delayed healing.’
- ‘He said that it was the worst hypopigmentation that he had ever seen.’
- ‘Once the lesions have resolved, there may be transient hyper- or hypopigmentation.’
- ‘The other major side effect of cryosurgery for this lesion is hypopigmentation.’
- ‘Side effects are few, but may include tendon rupture, infection, steroid flare, hypopigmentation, and soft tissue atrophy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.