One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As indicated in the definition, the obtained ordering is interpreted as the semantic relation of hyponymy on the set of concepts.’
- ‘All we need to do is alter our formula for hyponymy slightly and we come up with another formula for synonymy.’
- ‘Thus we see that lexical elements can surface different hyponymies depending on the inclusion chain that is followed.’
- ‘Paradigmatic relations include relations such as synonymy, hyponymy, opposites (of various kinds), and entailment.’
- ‘In this paper we present a more theoretical insight into the nature of hyponymy and troponymy basing on Fellbaum and Apresjan, among others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.