Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Deficiency of magnesium in the blood, important in cattle as the cause of grass tetany.
- ‘Symptomatic hypocalcemia and hypomagnesemia can be treated with replacement therapy.’
- ‘Rule out reversible underlying causes (such as hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia and hypoxia).’
- ‘Severe magnesium deficiency, or hypomagnesaemia, can block the release of parathyroid hormone.’
- ‘Hypokalemia and/or hypomagnesemia can increase the risk of QT prolongation and arrhythmia.’
- ‘Marked hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, and hyperkalemia may also contribute.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.