Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Reduction or absence of hormone secretion or other physiological activity of the gonads (testes or ovaries).
- ‘Accordingly, we determined prevalence and impact of hypogonadism on health-related quality of life in men with COPD.’
- ‘Medical disorders such as Cushing's syndrome, hypothyroidism and hypogonadism rarely cause obesity.’
- ‘The causes of osteoporosis in men include hypogonadism, glucocorticoid excess, medications and lifestyle factors.’
- ‘Measurements of thyroid hormone and cortisol levels should be considered because hypogonadism may occur with pituitary aplasia.’
- ‘Routine laboratory screening for hypogonadism is not recommended in patients without clinical symptoms or signs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.