Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The curve traced by a point on the circumference of a circle which is rolling on the interior of another circle.
- ‘Similarly, the vertexes of an hypocycloid are the points on the curve that coincides with an inscribed circle.’
- ‘The present invention relates to a hypocycloid engine assembly which may be used in internal combustion engines.’
- ‘The present invention relates to a hypocycloid gear assembly used in internal combustion engines.’
- ‘It was also investigated by Steiner in 1856 and is sometimes called Steiner's hypocycloid.’
- ‘If the describing circle is half the diameter of the pitch circle, the hypocycloid is a radial straight line.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.