Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for hypochondria
- ‘Liver qi stagnation will give rise to stuffiness and fullness of the chest, unhappy feelings, hypochondriasis, or even mental depression.’
- ‘It showed that even the hollow and the imaginary can demonstrate some form of hypochondriasis.’
- ‘It is currently unknown how closely related OCD is to other disorders such as trichotillomainia, body dysmorphic disorder and hypochondriasis.’
- ‘Two patients fulfilled the criteria for hypochondriasis and 18 for the chronic benign pain syndrome.’
- ‘We did not analyze the hypochondriasis subscale.’
- ‘His entire bizarre lifestyle the drapes, the wheelchair, the pills was hypochondriasis writ large.’
- ‘Studies have repeatedly shown a higher incidence of anxiety, hypochondriasis, and depression in IBS patients.’
- ‘Too many reports of adverse effects exist for this to be dismissed as hypochondriasis or people's resentment of food interference.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.