Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- technical term for hypochondria
- ‘Liver qi stagnation will give rise to stuffiness and fullness of the chest, unhappy feelings, hypochondriasis, or even mental depression.’
- ‘It is currently unknown how closely related OCD is to other disorders such as trichotillomainia, body dysmorphic disorder and hypochondriasis.’
- ‘Too many reports of adverse effects exist for this to be dismissed as hypochondriasis or people's resentment of food interference.’
- ‘His entire bizarre lifestyle the drapes, the wheelchair, the pills was hypochondriasis writ large.’
- ‘Two patients fulfilled the criteria for hypochondriasis and 18 for the chronic benign pain syndrome.’
- ‘Studies have repeatedly shown a higher incidence of anxiety, hypochondriasis, and depression in IBS patients.’
- ‘We did not analyze the hypochondriasis subscale.’
- ‘It showed that even the hollow and the imaginary can demonstrate some form of hypochondriasis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.