One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- technical term for hypochondria
- ‘Too many reports of adverse effects exist for this to be dismissed as hypochondriasis or people's resentment of food interference.’
- ‘Liver qi stagnation will give rise to stuffiness and fullness of the chest, unhappy feelings, hypochondriasis, or even mental depression.’
- ‘Two patients fulfilled the criteria for hypochondriasis and 18 for the chronic benign pain syndrome.’
- ‘His entire bizarre lifestyle the drapes, the wheelchair, the pills was hypochondriasis writ large.’
- ‘It showed that even the hollow and the imaginary can demonstrate some form of hypochondriasis.’
- ‘Studies have repeatedly shown a higher incidence of anxiety, hypochondriasis, and depression in IBS patients.’
- ‘It is currently unknown how closely related OCD is to other disorders such as trichotillomainia, body dysmorphic disorder and hypochondriasis.’
- ‘We did not analyze the hypochondriasis subscale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.