Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Deficiency of calcium in the bloodstream.
- ‘The patient may experience nausea, vomiting, hyperventilation, and hypocalcemia with muscle tetany and seizures.’
- ‘Treatment with sodium bicarbonate may worsen hypocalcemia initially because of the protein binding of calcium.’
- ‘Symptomatic hypocalcemia and hypomagnesemia can be treated with replacement therapy.’
- ‘No significant change in serum calcium and no symptoms of hypocalcemia were noted.’
- ‘Other conditions that may prolong QT intervals are clinical hypocalcemia, hypokalemia, ischemia, or infarction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.