One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of hypnosis as a therapeutic technique.
- ‘Many of the authors have published extensively on hypnosis and hypnotherapy.’
- ‘Inner Strengths is one of the very best books on hypnotherapy, and on psychotherapy, published in the last decade.’
- ‘Other therapies include art and music therapy, hypnotherapy and acupuncture.’
- ‘Other forms of psychotherapy and even hypnotherapy may be helpful.’
- ‘He achieved impressive skill in hypnotherapy, acquired in the 60s from other chest physician enthusiasts.’
- ‘The Cochrane review of nine small trials of hypnotherapy found it no more effective than other behavioural interventions.’
- ‘His parents tried all avenues of speech therapy, hypnotherapy and psychoanalysis to no avail.’
- ‘He continued in hypnotherapy as Jo when he changed names.’
- ‘Consequently, much hypnotherapy occurs at a light level, although depth is required for sensory hypnoanalgesia.’
- ‘Colleagues said Dr Gamble was also noted for his pioneering work in medical and dental hypnotherapy.’
- ‘Relatively little about hypnotherapy appears until nearly the middle of the twentieth century.’
- ‘She was experiencing significant distress due to hot flashes and was referred by her oncologist for hypnotherapy.’
- ‘The experimental group was given appropriate information on hypnotherapy and its advantages.’
- ‘In this case, our two hypnotherapy techniques are also useful.’
- ‘Legitimate clinical hypnotherapy practiced by a qualified professional is not the same process as that performed on stage.’
- ‘In most varieties of clinical hypnosis and hypnotherapy, induction is seen as a means towards the establishment of a trance.’
- ‘There is some evidence that both hypnotherapy and relaxation techniques are useful.’
- ‘Men, too, can reap the benefit of hypnotherapy and cognitive therapy involving visualisation and relaxation techniques.’
- ‘There are many stress management techniques in the form of counselling, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy.’
- ‘Despite its potential as a powerful therapeutic lever in hypnotherapy, little has been written about applying OBE in this milieu.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.