One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Breast feeding should not be stopped in mothers treated with thyroxine for hypothyroidism even if the infant is hyperthyroid.’
- ‘She did some in-office tests and remarked that I don't have the reflexes of a hyperthyroid - no signs at all of muscular weakness.’
- ‘Subclinical hyperthyroid and hypothyroid disease are laboratory diagnoses.’
- ‘Humans can be hyperthyroid, and secrete too many thyroid hormones or hypothyroid, secreting too few.’
- ‘Persons with undiagnosed Graves' disease may become hyperthyroid from absorption of increased dietary or topical iodine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.