One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A software system allowing extensive cross-referencing between related sections of text and associated graphic material.as modifier ‘hypertext link’
- ‘The power of hypertext linking and text markup is everywhere apparent.’
- ‘Its graphical interface and point-and-click hypertext links made it easy to use.’
- ‘In this manner, the merging of expert systems technology with hypertext was quite successful.’
- ‘For hypertext history buffs, this is a fantastic compilation of various hypertext systems through the 80s and early 90s.’
- ‘Unlike Overture, though, Google does not place these results in their hypertext links on the left.’
- 1.1count noun A document presented on a computer in hypertext.
- ‘The performative nature of hypertexts, such as Storyspace, are easily likened to Barthes' notion of text as ‘a methodological field’.’
- ‘To summarise very briefly, originally most digital writing took the form of hypertexts, usually hyperfictions.’
- ‘To construct the simplest of hypertexts requires a basic knowledge of HTML code, but a great knowledge of writing practice.’
- ‘My aim is to bring what I believe is an eminently suitable body of theory, current feminist literary theory, to critique a range of hypertexts.’
- ‘A user may press a tab key to discover and navigate to a first hyperlink that is part of a hypertext document.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.