One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Fifteen children were hypertensive, with the disease in 3 children uncontrolled by diet and the usual antihypertensive drugs.’
- ‘A Swedish study in which hypertensive men had higher mortality from cardiovascular disease than non-hypertensive men presented similar findings.’
- ‘The patient was last examined 12 months postoperatively and was without hypertensive signs or symptoms.’
- ‘It is rare for malignant hypertension to cause asymmetric hypertensive retinopathy.’
- ‘An 88-year-old hypertensive man with multiple myeloma was admitted to our hospital because of a right lower lobe pneumonia.’
- ‘The key to the successful management of patients with severely elevated BP is to differentiate hypertensive crises from hypertensive urgencies.’
- ‘The effects of the drugs on clinical outcomes have not been compared in long term clinical trials in hypertensive type 2 diabetic patients.’
- ‘Researchers collected data on 380 pharmacologically treated hypertensive patients who had an ischemic stroke between 1989 and 1996.’
- ‘However, these agents are recommended for use in hypertensive patients who already have vascular disease.’
- ‘The authors conclude that targeted diabetes screening in hypertensive patients older than 55 years is the most efficient strategy.’
- ‘The study included 1,094 self-identified blacks with hypertensive kidney disease.’
- ‘A 43 year old female, diabetic, hypertensive patient presented with a two year history of clear left sided nasal discharge which was worse on bending forward.’
- ‘The patient was hypertensive and had coronary artery disease.’
- ‘In this way, another study shows that ventilatory responses to hypoxia were higher in hypertensive patients than in normotensive OSA patients.’
A person with high blood pressure.
- ‘One study found insufficient sleep can contribute to increased blood pressure in hypertensives.’
- ‘This rarefaction can be found in young hypertensives and may have a hereditary component.’
- ‘In preliminary reports, exercise training in hypertensives leads to regression of left ventricular hypertrophy.’
- ‘One in four American adults have hypertension, and up to 30% of deaths in hypertensives are attributable to high blood pressure.’
- ‘You whine about hypertensives and diabetics, but some time calculate how much you make treating them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.