One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Abnormally high blood pressure.
- ‘The patient had a medical history of asthma, diabetes mellitus, and hypertension.’
- ‘People with excess body fat have a greater risk for such illnesses as diabetes and hypertension.’
- ‘A note for a diabetic with hypertension and heart disease can easily run two pages.’
- ‘She had insulin dependent type 2 diabetes, with hypertension and hyperlipidaemia.’
- ‘Body shape at birth has some impact on the risk of several adult diseases, including hypertension and diabetes.’
- 1.1 A state of great psychological stress.
- ‘Having lived with cats my whole life, I'm at a loss to understand feline hypertension.’
- ‘They were caused by stress and have, in turn, caused the hypertension.’
- ‘People with jobs that demands stiff targets to be met, can often end up with stress and hypertension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.