One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Abnormally high blood pressure.
- ‘She had insulin dependent type 2 diabetes, with hypertension and hyperlipidaemia.’
- ‘The patient had a medical history of asthma, diabetes mellitus, and hypertension.’
- ‘People with excess body fat have a greater risk for such illnesses as diabetes and hypertension.’
- ‘A note for a diabetic with hypertension and heart disease can easily run two pages.’
- ‘Body shape at birth has some impact on the risk of several adult diseases, including hypertension and diabetes.’
- 1.1 A state of great psychological stress.
- ‘Having lived with cats my whole life, I'm at a loss to understand feline hypertension.’
- ‘People with jobs that demands stiff targets to be met, can often end up with stress and hypertension.’
- ‘They were caused by stress and have, in turn, caused the hypertension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.