One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessive pigmentation of the skin.
- ‘The most common complication of laser resurfacing is hyperpigmentation - skin tone that turns darker than normal.’
- ‘However, results are slow, and complications such as irritation and hyperpigmentation can occur.’
- ‘Signs may include unsightliness, hyperpigmentation, and lipodermatosclerosis.’
- ‘As the lesion progresses, the center may clear, leaving post-inflammatory hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘Their clinical symptoms were primarily hyperkeratosis and hyperpigmentation, which are well-recognized signs of arsenicalism.’
- ‘She also offers advice on new treatment options for acne scarring and hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘In patients with hyperpigmentation, the middle of the back is spared, resulting in a classic butterfly-shaped dermatitis.’
- ‘A focal area of hyperpigmentation with an associated crusted lesion was over the left midclavicular area.’
- ‘Some patients never develop the full classical triad of hyperpigmentation, hypotension, and hyponatraemia.’
- ‘The typical signs of chronic venous insufficiency include pedal edema, varicose veins and skin hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘Some medications result directly in hyperpigmentation, without sun exposure, in a diffuse pattern.’
- ‘Azelaic acid may be particularly effective in the treatment of acne with postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘The picking produces excoriations which crust and may heal with hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, or scarring.’
- ‘Sunblocks and antioxidants also remove post inflammatory hyperpigmentation to a large extent.’
- ‘Three weeks later the scaling had resolved, leaving residual hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘She also had slight hyperpigmentation and desquamation of her anterior trunk that did not involve the bikini areas.’
- ‘The hyperpigmentation in this case was due to minocycline, which he had been taking for rosacea.’
- ‘This iatrogenic hyperpigmentation is associated with lipofuscin rather than melanin deposits.’
- ‘Thermal injury also stimulates melanocytis, causing hyperpigmentation of healed partial-thickness burns after sun exposure.’
- ‘A series of peels is usually recommended to achieve visible results on acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, melasma and photodamage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.