One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Excessive pigmentation of the skin.
- ‘The picking produces excoriations which crust and may heal with hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, or scarring.’
- ‘The typical signs of chronic venous insufficiency include pedal edema, varicose veins and skin hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘Three weeks later the scaling had resolved, leaving residual hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘Sunblocks and antioxidants also remove post inflammatory hyperpigmentation to a large extent.’
- ‘She also had slight hyperpigmentation and desquamation of her anterior trunk that did not involve the bikini areas.’
- ‘A focal area of hyperpigmentation with an associated crusted lesion was over the left midclavicular area.’
- ‘In patients with hyperpigmentation, the middle of the back is spared, resulting in a classic butterfly-shaped dermatitis.’
- ‘The most common complication of laser resurfacing is hyperpigmentation - skin tone that turns darker than normal.’
- ‘Signs may include unsightliness, hyperpigmentation, and lipodermatosclerosis.’
- ‘She also offers advice on new treatment options for acne scarring and hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘As the lesion progresses, the center may clear, leaving post-inflammatory hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘A series of peels is usually recommended to achieve visible results on acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, melasma and photodamage.’
- ‘Azelaic acid may be particularly effective in the treatment of acne with postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.’
- ‘Some medications result directly in hyperpigmentation, without sun exposure, in a diffuse pattern.’
- ‘However, results are slow, and complications such as irritation and hyperpigmentation can occur.’
- ‘This iatrogenic hyperpigmentation is associated with lipofuscin rather than melanin deposits.’
- ‘Their clinical symptoms were primarily hyperkeratosis and hyperpigmentation, which are well-recognized signs of arsenicalism.’
- ‘The hyperpigmentation in this case was due to minocycline, which he had been taking for rosacea.’
- ‘Thermal injury also stimulates melanocytis, causing hyperpigmentation of healed partial-thickness burns after sun exposure.’
- ‘Some patients never develop the full classical triad of hyperpigmentation, hypotension, and hyponatraemia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.