Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An abnormally high concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, resulting in weakening of the bones through loss of calcium.
- ‘Bone pain can occur in patients with hyperparathyroidism or malignancy.’
- ‘The guidelines in the treatment of primary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid carcinoma are not accurate.’
- ‘Surgery is the treatment of choice in patients with symptoms of primary hyperparathyroidism.’
- ‘The diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism depends on plasma calcium concentration.’
- ‘The high phosphorous content of soft drinks might cause secondary hyperparathyroidism, leading to bone loss.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.