One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or in a state in which mutation is abnormally frequent.
- ‘The situation of recurrent mutation is especially likely for a C / T polymorphism at the hypermutable CpG dinucleotides.’
- ‘High GC may cause elevated substitution rates, e.g., by a higher incidence of hypermutable CpG sites.’
- ‘The high rate of evolution in ancestral repeats may be due partly to higher levels of hypermutable CpG dinucleotides.’
- ‘After 60 cycles of single colony isolation, close to 30% of the lineages have a mutation at this hypermutable site.’
- ‘As predicted by the fact that microsatellites are hypermutable, many flanking-sequence variants were associated with multiple repeat alleles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.