One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An extension to hypertext providing multimedia facilities, such as those handling sound and video.
- ‘Hypertext or hypermedia are the basis of most computer-based learning materials.’
- ‘One aspect of hypertext and hypermedia, for example, is its capacity to link sources in ways that disrupt the continuity of a narrative.’
- ‘The present invention comprises a novel system for authoring and publishing hypermedia works.’
- ‘One important form of editorial comment concerns suggesting and promoting new forms of hypermedia literacies.’
- ‘Computer multimedia and hypermedia offer exciting possibilities as well as unsolved problems for cultural communication and art.’
1960s: from hyper- ‘above, beyond’ + media.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.