Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a high concentration of antibodies produced in reaction to repeated injections of an antigen.
- ‘The pooled hyperimmune rabbit serum was used in immunoblot and found to recognize all the major bands.’
- ‘Health status of the cow is also considered important in determining antibody response when producing hyperimmune products.’
- ‘Chick-embryo extracts take the idea of hyperimmune eggs one step further.’
- ‘Conversely, an allergy is a hyperimmune response to a special antigen called an allergen (eg, pollen, chemical substances).’
- ‘Their live-virus hyperimmune vaccine made historic advances in the control of the disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.