One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But his account of the possibilities for response to this inheritance is hyperbolically overblown.’
- ‘Beck was once, somewhat hyperbolically, cited as our generation's Bob Dylan.’
- ‘Even Roger Ebert, who hyperbolically called it the worst film he'd ever seen at the festival, has given his upward-thumb to this renovated version.’
- ‘The poem opens hyperbolically with an image of an innocent young nymph who spends her days reclining in the grass.’
- ‘Heat capacity increased linearly with temperature for ice and hyperbolically for supercooled water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.