One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But in neither of those propositions does one find the "I" which, for Descartes, was the necessary bastion against hyperbolical doubt.’
- ‘According to the publisher's hyperbolical publicity, the book covers ‘every aspect’ of Western medical history.’
- ‘Even if one goes so far as to say that the use of flashlight powder is ‘dangerous’, it is hyperbolical to describe it as ‘extra-hazardous’.’
- ‘Earlier this year a legendary figure in the hyperbolical world of ‘supermarket’ tabloids, the inimitable Eddie Clontz, died.’
- ‘Her portrait of her runaway ex-husband Tadeusz is equally hyperbolical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.