One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Artificial supply of nutrients, typically intravenously.
- ‘She gradually improved with conservative therapy using broad spectrum antibiotics and parenteral hyperalimentation.’
- ‘If surgery cannot safely be postponed, parenteral or enteral hyperalimentation should be started.’
- ‘It is also associated with prior surgery, trauma, diabetes mellitus and in patients receiving intravenous hyperalimentation.’
- ‘Intravenous hyperalimentation may be required until the gastrointestinal tract is functioning.’
- ‘Nasogastric tubes are rarely necessary, and parenteral hyperalimentation is fraught with potential complications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.