One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abnormally heightened sensitivity to pain.
- ‘These mediators and the related tissue injury prolong pain and hyperalgesia.’
- ‘Neurogenic inflammation is a process by which sensory nerves may secrete inflammatory mediators, resulting in hyperalgesia and inflammation.’
- ‘They also act as mediators of inflammatory hyperalgesia.’
- ‘The mechanism for the pain may involve the development of an area of hyperalgesia as a result of myofascial stretch injury.’
- ‘Intravenous opiates or ketamine administered before incision can lead to decreases in wound hyperalgesia days after the surgery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.