Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Abnormally heightened sensitivity to pain.
- ‘They also act as mediators of inflammatory hyperalgesia.’
- ‘These mediators and the related tissue injury prolong pain and hyperalgesia.’
- ‘Intravenous opiates or ketamine administered before incision can lead to decreases in wound hyperalgesia days after the surgery.’
- ‘The mechanism for the pain may involve the development of an area of hyperalgesia as a result of myofascial stretch injury.’
- ‘Neurogenic inflammation is a process by which sensory nerves may secrete inflammatory mediators, resulting in hyperalgesia and inflammation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.